RELAX: Alternatives to Anger for Parents and Caregivers
Date: July 21, 2015
Time: 6 - 8 p.m.
Location: Alpine Center, 800 Livingston Blvd., Gaylord, MI 49735
Contact: Kylie Rymanowicz, email@example.com, (231) 627-8815
How we deal with anger affects not only ourselves, but the people around us, including the children in our lives. Learning the developmental stages of self-control in children is the first step in helping children to manage their emotions. This workshop can help participants learn about: child development as it relates to self-control, how stress and anger affects children and adults, activities and children’s books that can assist with self-control, and, how to put the RELAX concepts to work in daily interactions with children.
Following the workshop, participants will:
- Learn developmental stages of self-control in children
- Understand what cortisol is and does
- Be able to identify children’s books that can assist with self-control
- Be able to implement activities to assist with self-control
- Use RELAX concepts in daily interactions with children