RELAX: Alternatives to Anger for Parents and Caregivers
Date: April 14, 2014
Time: 7 - 8:30 p.m.
Location: MSU Extension Monroe Office, 963 S. Rasinville Rd., Monroe, MI 48161
Contact: Terry Jones, Clarkjon@anr.msu.edu, 734-240-3179
Alternatives to Anger for Parents and Caregivers; Developmental Stages of Self-Control in Children Early childhood is one of the ideal times to teach concepts of self-worth, self- control and seeing how our behaviors affect those around us. There are four developmental stages in a child’s ability for self-control as recognized by Family Communications and the Fred Rogers Company.
During this workshop we will:
- Discuss anger and strong emotion in infants, toddlers, and preschoolers.
- Learn about the developmental stages in children’s self control and how to assist children at each stage.
- Talk about what cortisol is, and does.
- Explore children’s literature that can help you as you are helping children with activities that can assist with self control
- Learn about the RELAX: Alternatives to Anger concepts that can help all of us as we work with young children.
The cost for the workshop is $5 per person. Pre-registration is required. To register, call 734-240-3179.