Protecting Your Shoreline: A Workshop for Lakefront Property Owners
Date: March 19, 2016
Time: 9 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Location: Waterford Oaks - Lookout Lodge, 1712 Scott Lake Road, Waterford, MI 48328
Contact: Bindu Bhakta, 248-858-1639, firstname.lastname@example.org
8:30 - 9 a.m. Registration/check-in, light refreshments, and educational display
9 a.m. - 3 p.m. Workshop, including lunch
3 - 3:30 p.m. Wrap-up and evaluation, speakers available for informal questions
Michigan has over 11,000 inland lakes which are essential habitat for fish and wildlife. This workshop is designed to educate interested lakefront property owners on natural erosion control methods, and will discuss techniques for using natural materials and native vegetation along the shoreline to provide erosion control and habitat value while maintaining the aesthetic value of the lakefront.
- Healthy lake ecosystems
- Designing natural landscapes on lake shorelines
- Bio-engineering techniques to address high impact shorelines
- Using native plants in shoreline landscapes
- Common inland lake invasive species
- Attracting fish and wildlife to your shoreline
- State of Michigan rules and regulations
- Local examples of natural shoreline projects
The registration fee on or before March 7, 2016 is $50.00/person. Registration on March 8 or after is $60.00/person. Registration fee includes morning refreshments, lunch, and all workshop handouts.
A $25/person cancellation fee will be assessed for those requesting a refund on or after March 15, 2016. No refunds will be issued after March 17, 2016.