Protecting Your Shoreline: A Workshop for Lakefront Property Owners
Date: March 25, 2017
Time: 8:30 - 3:30 p.m.
Location: Oakland County Executive Office Building (EOB), 2100 Pontiac Lake Rd., Bldg. #41W, Waterford, MI 48328
Contact: Bindu Bhakta, 248-858-5198, firstname.lastname@example.org; Cathy Morris, 248-858-1639, email@example.com
8:30 - 9 a.m. Registration/check-in, light refreshments, and educational display
9 a.m. - 3 p.m. Workshop, including lunch
3 - 3:30 p.m. Wrap-up and evaluation, speakers available for informal questions
Michigan has over 11,000 inland lakes which are essential habitat for fish and wildlife. This workshop is designed to educate interested lakefront property owners on natural erosion control methods, and will discuss techniques for using natural materials and native vegetation along the shoreline to provide erosion control and habitat value while maintaining the aesthetic value of the lakefront.
- Healthy lake ecosystems
- Designing natural landscapes on lake shorelines
- Bio-engineering techniques to address high impact shorelines
- Using native plants in shoreline landscapes
- Common inland lake invasive species
- Attracting fish and wildlife to your shoreline
- State of Michigan rules and regulations
- Local examples of natural shoreline projects
- One person: Includes morning refreshments, lunch, and all workshop handouts.
- Through March 22: $50.00/person
- On or after March 23: $75.00/person
Two people registering together: Includes morning refreshments, lunch, and all workshop handouts for two people.
- Through March 22: $100
- On or after March 23: $150.00
Two people sharing materials: Includes morning refreshments and lunch for two people, and one set of educational materials.
- Through March 22: $75.00
- On or after March 23: $125.00
A $25/person cancellation fee will be assessed for those requesting a refund on or after March 23, 2017. No refunds will be issued after March 24, 2017.