Protecting and Improving Your On-Farm Investment - Mt. Pleasant
Date: September 15, 2015
Time: 6-8:30 p.m.
Location: Isabella County MSU Extension Office, 200 N. Main St., Mt. Pleasant, MI 48858
Contact: Emily Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org or 517-853-3782
Dinner provided at 6 p.m.
Program begins at 6:30 p.m.
- Biosecurity: Keeping disease out of your herd
- Artificial insemination: Appropriate handling of semen and how to properly AI a sow
- Fixed-time insemination: Using Matrix and OvuGel
- Feeding the sow: Proper Body Condition Score
- Saving the struggling piglet: Splay legs, ensuring colostrum intake, milk letdown, fixing ruptures and more.
- Over the counter medication: Changes are coming