Pesticide Applicator Training: Review of National Pesticide Applicator Certification Core Manual
Date: December 4, 2013
Time: 9 a.m. - 1 p.m., Exam at 1:30 p.m.
Location: MSU Upper Peninsula Research and Extension Center, E3774 University Drive, Chatham, MI 49816
Contact: Jim Isleib, firstname.lastname@example.org, 906-387-2530
- Review consists of group activity working through practice questions from the manual, led by Jim Isleib, MSU Extension Educator.
- Review is intended to help prepare for MDARD pesticide applicator certification exams and consists of general information for all applicators.
- Lunch is NOT provided. A 1/2 hour break between the review and MDARD exams is included. Attendees are encouraged to bring their own lunch or plan for a quick trip into Chatham (1 mile) for lunch.
- MDARD exams will be offered beginning at 1:30pm. Attendance at the review is NOT required for people who want to take MDARD exams. You can arrive by 1:30 and take any pesticide certification exams needed.
- If you plan to take MDARD exams, be prepared to pay by check (no cash or credit cards) payable to State of Michigan. Fee for 'Private' applicators is $50 and fee for 'Commercial' applicators is $75.
- The State of Michigan is now waiving the $50 private applicator certification fee for honorably discharged military veterans (copy of form DD214 discharge papers required).
- 4 MDARD pesticide applicator recertification credtis are offered for the review session and can be used for recertification prior to Dec 31, 2013.