Personal Action Toward Health (PATH) for Diabetes
Date: January 9, 2013 - February 13, 2013
Time: 9-11:30 a.m.
Location: Owen Jax Recreation Center, 8207 E. Nine Mile Road, Warren, MI 48089
Contact: Sandra Cummings, 313-736-5574, firstname.lastname@example.org
A six-week workshop for adults ages 60 and older with diabetes, their caregivers or family members. An interactive way to learn to manage diabetes and improve health.
This workshop is sponsored by Adult Well Being Services in partnership with Michigan State University Extension. It is funded by the Area Agency on Aging 1B.
Through PATH for Diabetes you will learn how to:
- Deal with the challenges of not feeling well
- Talk to helthcare providers and family members
- Overcome stress
- Eat healthy
- Handle every day activities more easily
- Stay independent Exercise to maintain a healthy lifestyle
- Use medication appropriately