Organic/Non-GMO Soybean Variety Trials Field Day
Date: September 30, 2015
Time: 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Location: MSU Agronomy Farm, just south of Mt. Hope Rd on Beaumont Rd, Lansing, MI
Contact: Shelly Sowles at firstname.lastname@example.org or (989) 269-9949, ext. 602 or Bob Battel at email@example.com or 989-269-9949x605
Come and Explore
48 non-GMO soybean varieties being compared under organic production systems in our region at multiple sites. These varieties are a mix of tried and true brands, new industry releases, and experimental lines from university breeding programs.
You are invited to join other producers to view and voice your preference about characteristics that are desirable to you (pod set, plant height, canopy closure, competitiveness, etc). This information (along with yield) will be useful to identify varieties in the breeding program to move forward for seed production and release.
Start at the Trial Location Nearest to You:
Isabella County: 10 — 11 a.m.
- 0.2 mi south of E. Bluegrass Rd on S. Isabella Rd, Mt Pleasant, MI
- Cooperator: Tom Nelson
- Project Host: Dan Rossman
Tuscola County: 9 — 10 a.m.
- 0.4 mi north of E. Bay City Forestville Rd on Remington Rd, Unionville, MI
- Cooperator: Dave Sting
- Project Host: Bob Battel
Lapeer County: 9:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
- 0.7 mi west of N. Lake Rd on Hollenbeck Rd, Columbiaville, MI
- Cooperator: Don Brockriede
- Project Host: Todd Martin
Kalamazoo County: 9:30 a.m. — 10:30 a.m.
- 0.3 mi south of B Ave on 40th St, Hickory Corners, MI
- Cooperator: MSU
- Project Host: Dean Baas
Then Carpool to the MSU Agromomy Farm for Lunch and a Soybean Breeding Program Discussion and Tour:
Producers are invited to carpool from their trial location to the MSU Agronomy Farm, just south of Mt. Hope Rd on Beaumont Rd, Lansing, MI.
- Lunch will be provided compliments of SunOpta
- Organic/non-GMO variety trial and MSU Soybean Breeding Program presentations—Dechun Wang, MSU Soybean Breeder
- Tour MSU soybean breeding facilities and plots
- Leave to return to trial location
For registration information contact Shelly Sowles at firstname.lastname@example.org or (989) 269-9949, ext. 602
For event information contact Bob Battel at email@example.com or 989-269-9949x605 or Dean Baas at firstname.lastname@example.org or 269-967-9672.