Opening Doors Workshop May 2014
Date: May 20, 2014 - May 22, 2014
Time: 10:00 a.m.
Location: Kettunen Center, 14901 4-H Drive, Tustin, MI 49688
Contact: Dionardo Pizana: email@example.com or 517-432-2666 Anne Brooks: firstname.lastname@example.org or 517-432-7623
Opening Doors is an overnight three (3) day retreat that runs from May 20 through May 22 that lays the foundation for personal and organizational growth. Through this workshop, participants explore a framework that deepens their diversity awareness and enhances their ability to create inclusive organizations. The workshop addresses personal and professional change as part of an understanding differences initiative of multicultural organizational development.
In the Opening Doors workshop participants will:
- Increase understanding of diversity by identifying and learning more about their own identity groups;
- Identify personal feelings and experiences related to cultural and other differences among people;
- Examine how practices of institutions, as well as our own personal practices, maintain inequities among people and prevent us all from reaching our potential;
- Collectively develop a framework and common language in order to facilitate change;
- Build alliances and networks.
Opening Doors begins at 10 a.m. on Tuesday and concludes at 3 p.m. on Thursday. Participants are expected to attend and stay overnight for the full workshop as there are evening sessions on Tuesday and Wednesday. The workshop will be held at the Kettenun 4-H Center in Tustin, MI.
Visit the Opening Doors Workshop registration page for more information.