Nutrient Management Update and Plot Tour 2015
Date: September 9, 2015
Time: 9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Location: MSU Plant Pathology Field Lab, 3735 North College Road, Lansing, MI 48910
Contact: George Silva, firstname.lastname@example.org; Kurt Steinke, email@example.com
Due to weather, this event has been postponed until Friday, Sept. 11.
This outdoor event will feature MSU nutrient management research program conducted by Dr. Kurt Steinke, MSU Extension specialist. This program is intended for farmers, crop consultants, educators, researchers, Federal and State officials, MAEAP professionals, advocacy groups and policy makers. It will include a nutrient managemet update and plot tours covering the following topics.
- Soil health
- Plant health
- Soil and nutrient diagnostics
- Soil microbes and cover crops
- Extend your N: Q & A on using N inhibitors and performance response trials
- Corn N—early, late, or somewhere in between?
- Corn and soybean agronoimics
- Environmental stewardship
MDA and CCA credits are pending.
The cost of the program is $45.
Septembe 9th - MORNING SESSION 9:30 a.m. to Noon
- Introduction to MSU nutrient management program and research update
- Macro and micronutrients
- Corn, soybean and wheat check-off research update
- Pop-up and starter fertilizer demonstration
- Research plot tour
AFTERNOON SESSION 12:45 to 3:30 p.m.
- Soil health, microbial activity, cover crops, and yield interactions
- Various nutrient response trials
- Integrating 4R nutrient management and soil health
- Cool diagnostics and plant health considerations for in-season nutrient applications
- Wheat 2015: Looking for winning N combinations
CCA Credits and Adjourn
In case of rain on Wednesday Spetember 9th, the event will be held on Friday September 11th.