Nurturing Parenting Class
Date: January 28, 2016
Time: 10:30 a.m - 12 p.m.
Location: Clinton County Courthouse, 1st Floor Conference Room, 100 E. State Street, St. Johns, MI 48879
Contact: Patti Marrs, email@example.com, 989-227-6466
Parents and caregivers have the greatest influence on children’s development and therefore their future academic success. Be your child’s best resource and advocate. Through the research-based Nurturing Parenting course parents and caregivers will learn techniques and gain knowledge about how children learn and grow.
The Nurturing Parenting program emphasizes raising children in a warm, caring and trusting home. It is a free program for Clinton County parents with children between the ages of birth and eight. Participants will receive a certificate of accomplishment after six classes.
Skills and strategies for parents include:
- The philosophy and practices of Nurturing Parenting
- Ages and stages of growth for infants and toddlers
- Ways to enhance positive brain development in children
- Communicating with respect
- Building self-worth in children
- Understanding feelings
- Understanding and developing family morals, values & rules
- Praising children and their behavior
- Alternatives to spanking
- Learning positive ways to deal with stress and anger
Nurturing Parenting courses are on-going and free of charge. Classes are set up in a 10-class series; however, you are welcome to join the classes at any point during the series. Each class is 90 minutes. Unfortunately, childcare is NOT provided at this time.
CLASS TIMES ARE THURSDAYS FROM 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Upcoming classes will be held on January 28, February 4, 11, 18, 25, March 10, 17, 24, 31, and April 21.
Contact Patti Marrs for more information or to sign up for classes – firstname.lastname@example.org or 989-227-6466.