Nurturing Parenting and Caregiving
Date: November 5, 2012
Time: 1-2:30 p.m.
Location: MSU Extension Kent County, 775 Ball Ave NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49506
Contact: Holly Tiret, firstname.lastname@example.org, 616-336-8998
Nurturing Parenting and Caregiving is a six-class series for parents, grandparents, childcare providers and others who care for and about children.
The classes meet Mondays from 1-2:30 p.m. starting Nov. 5
- Week 1 (Nov. 5): The Philosophy and Practices of Nurturing Parenting, and Learning Positive Ways to Deal with Stress
- Week 2 (Nov. 12): Ages and Stages of Growth for Infants and Toddlers
- Week 3 (Nov. 19): Ways to Enhance Brain Development in Children and Teens
- Week 4 (Nov. 26): Communicating with Respect, and Understanding Feelings
- Week 5 (Dec. 3): Building Self-Worth in Children and Praising Children for Their Behavior
- Week 6 (Dec. 10): Understanding and Developing Family Morals, Values and Rules, and Alternatives to Spanking
There is a $30 fee for the class.