National Diabetes Prevention Program
Date: March 4, 2014
Time: 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Location: OptiMed Pharmacy, 154 Kalamazoo Mall, Kalamazoo, MI 49007
Contact: Diana Hassan: 269-657-8213 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Who: To be eligible, participants may be at risk for prediabetes and type 2 diabetes if they answer yes to a few of the following questions:
- I am 45 years of age or older.
- I am overweight.
- I have a parent with diabetes.
- I have a sister or brother with diabetes.
- My family background is African American, Hispanic/Latino, American Indian, Asian American, or Pacific Islander.
- I had diabetes while I was pregnant (gestational diabetes), or I gave birth to a baby weighing 9 pounds or more.
- I am physically active less than three times a week
- This workshop is NOT for those with diabetes.
What: The National Diabetes Prevention Program is designed to bring to communities evidence-based lifestyle change programs for preventing type 2 diabetes. It is based on the Diabetes Prevention Program research study led by the National Institutes of Health and supported by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Visit the National Diabetes Prevention Program registration page for more information.