National Diabetes Prevention Program-Is It for Me?
Date: March 12, 2014
Time: 1 - 3:30 p.m. OR 6 - 7:30 p.m.
Location: St. Joseph Co. MSU Extension, 612 E. Main, Centreville, MI 49032
Contact: Diana Fair, email@example.com, 269-467-5635
Who: If you have one or more of the following you may have pre-diabetes:
- I am 45 years of age or older.
- I am overweight.
- I have a parent with diabetes.
- I have a sister or brother with diabetes.
- My family background is African American, Hispanic/Latino, American Indian, Asian American, or Pacific Islander.
- I had diabetes while I was pregnant (gestational diabetes), or I gave birth to a baby weighing 9 pounds or more.
- I am physically active less than three times a week
This workshop is NOT for those with diabetes.
What: The National Diabetes Prevention Program is designed to bring to communities evidence-based lifestyle change programs for preventing type 2 diabetes. It is based on the Diabetes Prevention Program research study led by the National Institutes of Health and supported by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.