MSU Tollgate Farm Sprouts Spring Preschool Program 2018
Date: April 24, 2018 - June 13, 2018
Location: Tollgate Farm, 28115 Meadowbrook Rd, Novi, MI 48377
Contact: MSU Extension Tollgate Early Childhood Programs Office, 248-347-0269, ext. 230, email@example.com.
MSU Tollgate Farm and Education Center includes 160 acres of farm, gardens, pasture, forest, and pond for exploration. Preschoolers, ages 3-5 years, will explore farm and nature topics of interest through play, including hands-on experiences along with seasonally based investigations and observations.
The opportunity to grow, tend, harvest, taste, and compost produce is a central focus of the Farm Sprouts program as the preschool years are a particularly important period in developing lifelong habits and preferences.
- Highly-qualified and experienced early childhood educators guide and learn alongside the preschoolers as they explore and make discoveries on the farm with a low teacher-to-child ratio.
- Group sizes are kept to a low child-to-teacher ratio in order to fully meet the needs and interests of the child.
- As a part of developing food systems awareness, this farm and nature-based preschool program offers ample opportunities for children to care for and interact with the farm animals.
- STEAM-focused projects and investigations (science, technology, engineering, arts, mathematics) are integrated into the emergent, inquiry-based curriculum to support the cognitive, social, emotional, and physical development of the whole child.
- The incorporation of early literacy development and Spanish as a foreign language create significant learning connections and help to build a strong learning community in which inquiry, collaboration, and diversity are appreciated and valued.
- Preschoolers will develop social, emotional, and physical skills as participants in the farm community through shared discoveries and cooperative experiences.
View the “Registration Information” document below
for further program details
and visit our blog
to capture a sense of our program:
Tuesdays / 8 weeks / April 24th - June 12th
Wednesdays / 8 weeks / April 25th - June 13th
Morning Session: 9 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. / $300 / 3-4 year olds
Afternoon Session: 12:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. / $360 / 4-5 year olds
Preschoolers need to have gained independence with potty training to register. Program space is limited, so be sure to register early!
Please contact the Early Childhood Coordinator to request information on how to apply for financial aid.
A $50 fee will be charged to cancel your registration.