MSU Tollgate Farm Sprouts Fall Preschool Program 2017 - Wednesdays
Date: September 13, 2017 - November 8, 2017
Time: 9 - 11:30 a.m. 3-4 year olds; 12:30 - 3:30 p.m. 4-5 year olds
Location: MSU Tollgate Farm and Education Center
Contact: MSU Extension Tollgate Early Childhood Programs Office at 248-347-0269, ext. 230 or email@example.com
MSU Tollgate Farm and Education Center includes 160 acres of farm, gardens, pasture, forest, and pond for exploration. Preschoolers, ages 3-5 years, will explore farm and nature topics of interest through play, including hands-on experiences along with seasonally based investigations and observations.
The opportunity to grow, tend, harvest, taste, and compost produce is a central focus of the Farm Sprouts program as the preschool years are a particularly important period in developing lifelong habits and preferences.
- Highly-qualified and experienced early childhood educators guide and learn alongside the preschoolers as they explore and make discoveries on the farm with a low teacher-to-child ratio.
- Group sizes are kept to a low child-to-teacher ratio in order to fully meet the needs and interests of the child.
- As a part of developing food systems awareness, this farm and nature-based preschool program offers ample opportunities for children to care for and interact with the farm animals.
- STEAM-focused projects and investigations (science, technology, engineering, arts, mathematics) are integrated into the emergent, inquiry-based curriculum to support the cognitive, social, emotional, and physical development of the whole child.
- The incorporation of early literacy development and Spanish as a foreign language create significant learning connections and help to build a strong learning community in which inquiry, collaboration, and diversity are appreciated and valued.
- Preschoolers will develop social, emotional, and physical skills as participants in the farm community through shared discoveries and cooperative experiences.
View the “Registration Information” document below
for further program details
and visit our blog
to capture a sense of our program:
Tuesdays / 8 weeks / September 12 - November 7 (no class on October 3 in preparation for Pumpkinfest)
Wednesdays / 8 weeks / September 13 - November 8 (no class on October 4 in preparation for Pumpkinfest)
Morning Session: 9 - 11:30 a.m. / $300 / 3-4 year olds
Afternoon Session: 12:30 - 3:30 p.m. / $360 / 4-5 year olds
Preschoolers must be potty-trained to register. Program space is limited, so be sure to register early!
Please contact the Early Childhood Coordinator to request information on how to apply for financial aid.
A $50 fee will be charged to cancel your registration.