MSU Extension Forage Field Day - Daggett
Date: July 28, 2014
Time: 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. CT
Location: Brock Farms, W5186 Co Rd 360, Daggett, MI 49821
Contact: Jim Isleib, 906-387-2530, firstname.lastname@example.org
This free, educational on-farm field day program is intended for dairy farmers and others interested in high quality forage production. Host farmer Steve Brock, MSU State Forage Specialist Dr. Kim Cassida and MSU Extension educators will be on-hand to lead discussion, present research-based forage information, and respond to questions.
The program will start at 11 a.m. central time (12 p.m. eastern time) at Brock Farms, located at W5186 Co Rd 360, Daggett, MI 49821. The meeting will conclude by 1 p.m. central time (2 p.m. eastern time).
Topics planned for the field day include:
- Increasing fiber content in dairy rations using grasses
- Impact of cover crops on Brock Farms
- Mixed alfalfa grass seedings – which grass species to include?
- Ways to reduce cost of production for corn
- Additional topics will be determined by participant interest
Lunch will be provided, sponsored by the Menominee County Farm Bureau. This program is part of a series of U.P. forage field days supported by a grant from Project GREEEN.