MSU Extension Community Conversation
Date: December 15, 2014 - December 17, 2014
Time: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Location: Hampton Inn & Suites, 2200 Hampton Place, Okemos, MI 48864
Contact: 517-543-4468, email@example.com
Facilitated through Food, Agriculture & Nutrition
Sharon Thornberry, from the Oregon Food Bank, will train participants in the nationally recognized F.E.A.S.T* model of facilitation.
This model provides a menu of community organizing methods to mobilize residents around improving their local food system. FEAST events have resulted in outcomes including the establishment of new farmers’ markets and gardens, improved collaboration between groups and even the formation of new nonprofits
Topics covered in training:
- Community Organizing & Community Process
- Mapping Communities
- Understanding community food systems
- Community Coaching introduction by MSUE’s Dr. Dave Ivan
Who might benefit:
- Folks interested and working in Community Nutrition, Community Food Systems, Community Development, Food Security, Agriculture, Farmers Markets, and more.
After the training, participants are:
- Able to confidently conduct FEAST events
- Have a background in community food systems
- Understand their role as facilitator- guiding the process not driving outputs or outcomes
- Understand the basic principles of community organizing
$25 for MSU Extension Employees & $50 for non-MSU Extension employees.
Hampton Inn & Suites, 2200 Hampton Place, Okemos, MI 48864
Room rates available arriving Dec. 15, departing Dec. 18, 2014
Reservations: Tel: 517-349-6100 or online.
Please mention “Community Conversations” for discount room rates.
Queen Standard $84 plus tax and incidentals
King Standard $84 plus tax and incidentals
King Study $84 plus tax and incidentals
King Studio Suite $89 plus tax and incidentals
King Whirlpool $89 plus tax and incidentals
Check-in time: 4 p.m.
Monday, December 15th start at 10 a.m.
Tuesday, December 16th and Wednesday, December 17th start at 8:30 a.m.
Rates are subject to a 13% tax (subject to change) and no charge for additional people. “No additional discounts will be offered or accepted to the rates quoted above.
Visit the MSU Extension Community Conversation registration page for more information.