Date: January 23, 2013 - March 20, 2013
Time: 6:30-9 p.m.
Location: Macomb MSU Extension, 21885 Dunham Road, Verkuilen Building #12, Clinton Township, MI 48036
Contact: Wanda Repke, firstname.lastname@example.org, 586-469-7619
Money Management is an eight-week workshop series focused on helping consumers gain confidence and skills related to managing their personal finances.
- Making Decisions about Money: Goal setting, S.M.A.R.T. goals, decision making, spending plan and budget, money management tips.
- Making and Managing a Spending Plan: Understanding a spending plan,
spending leaks, tracking spending, creating a budget/spending plan.
- Credit and Borrowing: Application process, loans, credit cards, costs, credit score, debt.
- Earning Power and Insurance: Required & optional deductions, EITC & other tax credits, employee benefits, take-home pay, lifestyle, risk management, costs, claims, insurance types, coverage decisions, insurability factors.
- Financial Services: Account types, fees, service options, transaction tracking, using technology.
- Saving and Investing: Reasons to save, goals, options, risks & rewards, time value of money, diversification, planning. Guest presenter will be Mark B. Robinson with the Investor Education in Your Community program sponsored by the State of Michigan's Office of Financial and Insurance Regulation, LARA Division.
- Consumer Problems and Organization Skills: Recognizing fraud, making good consumer decisions, identity theft, protecting personal information, record keeping systems, organizing important papers, home file, how long to keep records.