Mineral Rights Town Hall Meeting, Mason Michigan
Date: June 21, 2015
Time: 5:30 - 7:30 p.m.
Location: Mason Historical Museum, 200 E. Oak Street, Mason, MI 48854
Contact: State Representative Tom Cochran, Ingham County: (517) 373-0587
Regulation of the Oil and gas industry, horizontal drilling, hydraulic fracturing, oil and gas leasing in layman’s terms, oil and gas development in suburban areas.
- How is the oil and gas industry regulated in Michigan?
- What is directional drilling?
- What is hydraulic fracturing?
- Can I be forced to participate in oil and gas development even though I do not want to?
- Why is Statutory (Compulsory) Pooling something to not be afraid of?
- What is an injection well and does the lease allow them on my property?
- Can I prevent hydraulic fracturing in my lease?
- What are post production costs and do they reduce my royalty?
- How do oil and gas operations co-exist in residential areas?
- What pitfalls should be avoided?