Midwest Ecology and Evolution Conference
Date: April 6, 2018 - April 8, 2018
Location: W.K. Kellogg Biological Station 3700 East Gull Lake Drive Hickory Corners, MI 49060
Contact: MEEC2018@gmail.com; W.K. Kellogg Biological Station Conference Center, 269-671-2400, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Midwest Ecology and Evolution Conference (MEEC) is an annual regional conference hosted by different Midwestern institutions each year, and is organized and directed entirely by graduate students. This conference is graduate and undergraduate student-focused, providing a professional atmosphere for students of all levels to interact with and learn from their peers. Previous conferences have drawn between 250 and 300 attendees from universities around the Midwest. Attendees are typically composed of 45% graduate students, 45% undergraduate students, and 10% faculty members.
This year, MEEC will be hosted by the W.K. Kellogg Biological Station, Michigan State University in Hickory Corners, Michigan during the month of April.
Participants must register for conference attendance and meals. All lodging and meals must be pre-registered and pre-paid for before arrival. No lodging rooms or extra meals will be available after the conference begins. Please register by Saturday, Feb. 24, 2018.
- Early Conference Registration (closes Feb. 17, 2018) - $55.00 - This includes the Conference, as well as Breakfast and Lunch on Saturday, and Breakfast on Sunday. Also, includes two tickets for beer and/or wine during the Saturday evening Meet & Greet.
- Conference Registration After Early Registration (closes March 17, 2018) - $60.00 - This includes the Conference, as well as Breakfast and Lunch on Saturday, and Breakfast on Sunday and two tickets for beer/wine.
- MSU affiliated students and staff can register for $40 anytime. This includes the Conference, as well as Breakfast and Lunch on Saturday, and Breakfast on Sunday. Also, includes two tickets for beer and/or wine during the Saturday evening Meet & Greet.
- Optional Pizza Welcome Mixer on Friday Evening - $5.00 - This includes an all you can eat pizza dinner, and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Optional Boxed Lunch on Sunday - $10.00
- Optional MEEC 2018 T-Shirt - $10.00
- Optional Lodging at the Kellogg Biological Station
- Lodging is $35.00 per person per night (will be assigned roommates)
- You can learn more about our accomodation on the KBS website. We will be filling the apartments, orchard dorms, and cabins according to listed roommate preferences. However, please be flexible and understand that we will fill every room.
- If you do not wish to stay at KBS during the conference, there are nearby hotels within a 25 minute commute.