Michigan Forage Technology Conference
Date: March 7, 2013
Time: 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Location: Kellogg Hotel and Conference Center, Big Ten Room B, 219 S. Harrison Road, East Lansing, MI 48824
This day-long educational program is open to the public, and is sponsored by the Michigan Forage Council, Michigan State University, and MSU Extension. Join us for an information-packed day that includes innovative researchers, industry representatives, cutting-edge farmers, and vendors. This year’s program will focus on the changing face of the forage industry and how producers can adapt to supply and price challenges.
- The future of the forage industry
- Cover crops as forage
- Corn shredlage
- Growing alfalfa-grass mixtures
- Hay supplies and demand
- What Natural Resource Conservation Service can do for you
- MSU forage research updates
- Secrets of the Shupe brothers grazing dairy
- Fencing and water for temporary pastures.