Michigan 4-H Youth Leadership & Global Citizenship Spectacular
Date: January 27, 2018 - January 28, 2018
Location: Kettunen Center, 14901 4-H Dr, Tustin, MI 49688
Contact: Brian Wibby, 906-315-2662, email@example.com
Registration: Saturday, Jan. 27, 2018, 9 – 10 a.m.
Workshop Ends: Sunday, Jan. 28, 2018, 1 p.m. with lunch
$85.00 - 4-H members, 4-H volunteers and MSU Extension staff with 4-H responsibilities who bring a volunteer leader or member
$160.00 - MSU Extension staff who attend without a volunteer or member, non-4-H members and personnel from other agencies
Persons canceling without a replacement after Jan. 7, 2018, will be charged a $50.00 cancellation fee. Persons who do not show up at the workshop, do not have a replacement, or do not cancel to Brian Wibby at firstname.lastname@example.org by Jan. 12, 2018 will be billed the full registration fee.
Who Should Attend?
The conference is open to youth, 4-H members and non-members, aged 12 (by Jan. 1, 2018) and older. The conference is also open to adult 4-H volunteers and MSU Extension youth educators and adults who work with youth in a variety of educational settings. The 2018 conference is for individuals who want to make a difference in their community and are willing to put into action the skills they learn and knowledge they gain.
The Michigan 4-H Youth Leadership & Global Citizenship Spectacular is a lively celebration of the power of young people as leaders! In the spirit of “thinking globally and acting locally” participants in this exciting, energetic, hands-on workshop will participate in small and large group sessions to share and develop valuable knowledge and skills related to youth leadership, civic engagement, global citizenship, and international cultures. This workshop is open to current and aspiring leaders and volunteers, ages 12 to 112 (by Jan. 1, 2018), who seek to develop skills to serve (or assist youth serving) in leadership roles in clubs, schools, communities, the state and the world. Attending the 2018 Michigan 4-H Youth Leadership & Global Citizenship Spectacular will help you become an outstanding leader who approaches life with your head, heart and hands open to new ideas, interesting people, and diverse cultures…it will change your world!
The 2018 4-H Teen Leadership & Community Change Conference objectives are for participants to:
- Develop skills, knowledge and commitment in global citizenship and youth leadership.
- Give youth and adults the tools to start a citizenship, leadership and service program in their community or build on and enhance existing programs and activities.
- Discover ways to be an effective club member, leader and officer.
- Discover how to be a “Youth Leader in a Global World.”
- Meet and share ideas with 4-H teen and adult volunteers from around the state (and the world!).
- Develop a plan of action for using your new knowledge and skills back home.
- Build skills for exploring and appreciating diversity and multiculturalism.
- Have fun!