Merits of MAEAP Verification: MAEAP Phase 1 Event
Date: September 29, 2014
Time: 9 a.m. - Noon
Location: Nash Greenhouses, 5148 Market St., Kalamazoo, MI 49048; Nash Greenhouses, 7641 E. Main St., Kalamazoo, MI 49048
Contact: Heidi Wollaeger, firstname.lastname@example.org, 269-384-8010.
Michigan State University Extension and the Kalamazoo Conservation District invite you to take a tour of two Nash Greenhouse facilities in Kalamazoo, Michigan. The purpose of these tours will be to demonstrate some of the challenges that greenhouses may face when working through the MAEAP process and also to emphasize the merits of this voluntary program through the Michigan Department of Agriculture & Rural Development.
Two commercial and private CORE pesticide recertification credits are available to participants.
Greenhouse growers who participate in the program will develop and implement management plans and site improvements that prevent contamination of groundwater and surface water resources, while maintaining economic crop production. Plans will be in conformance with the Michigan Right-to-Farm guidelines and applicable state and federal regulations. MAEAP verified greenhouses are eligible for various incentives and can enjoy good-faith-effort environmental liability protection if an agricultural emergency ever occurs at their facility.
MAEAP Benefits to the grower:
- MAEAP verification demonstrates that growers are using environmentally sound management practices, helping to foster positive community relations.
- MAEAP verifies that applicable Right-to-Farm practices are in place, providing nuisance liability protection.
- MAEAP verification demonstrates that greenhouse growers have used effective tools for assessing and correcting environmental risks.
- MAEAP verified greenhouse growers are recognized as outstanding environmental stewards and are eligible for cost-share incentives, tax credits, low-cost lending and reduced liability insurance premiums from participating companies.
- Market your products as MAEAP-verified
- MAEAP will set you apart from the pack!
- 9 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.: Nash Greenhouses - 5148 Market St., Kalamazoo, MI 49048
- 10:45 a.m. – Noon: Nash Greenhouses - 7641 E. Main St., Kalamazoo, MI 49048