Keeping Kids Safe Bullying Prevention Workshop for Parents and Caregivers
Date: October 19, 2016
Time: 6 - 8 p.m.
Location: MSU Extension, 775 Ball Ave NE, Grand Rapids MI 49503
Contact: Holly Tiret, 616-632-7893, email@example.com
Though there are many issues surrounding the complex issues related to bullying, this particular workshop focuses on young people who are the targets of hurtful language and bullying behaviors. One of the things we can do as parents and caregivers is to focus on taking power away from the person engaging in bullying behaviors by helping those who are targeted feel empowered, confident, and prepared to respond to bullying when it happens.
Come to thisworkshop to learn about:
- Who is most at risk of bullying behaviors?
- The consequences of bullying.
- What resiliency is and what it looks like at different ages and stages.
- Why and how to create a safety plan.
- Communication skills that can assist in “standing up” to a bullying behavior.
When: Wednesday, Oct. 19, 2016, from 6 - 8 p.m.
Where: MSU Extension, 775 Ball Ave NE, Grand Rapids MI 49503
Cost: $10 per person
For more information contact: Holly Tiret at 616-632-7893 or firstname.lastname@example.org