Kalamazoo County 4-H Treasurer Training
Date: January 10, 2018
Time: 6:30 - 8 p.m.
Location: Kalamazoo County Fairgrounds, Room B, 2900 Lake Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49048
Contact: Veronica Bolhuis, 269-383-8830, firstname.lastname@example.org
Being a 4-H treasurer is an important role. 4-H youth treasurers learn valuable life skills of benefit to their future, including— responsibility, decision-making, leadership, attention to detail and record-keeping. Because 4-H is a public group, a 4-H treasurer’s responsibilities are quite different from those of a private company’s treasurer or an individual. A 4-H group treasurer is responsible to other officers, members, adult volunteers, Michigan State University and to the public. By attending this workshop, 4-H treasurers will learn:
- Current procedures and forms; and why we do it this way.
- Connecting the role of treasurer with other officers, adult 4-H leaders and MSU Extension staff members.
- Money handling expectations including the use of receipts, timely deposits and timely bill payments.
- The importance of budgeting.
- Appropriate use of funds and fund-raising do’s and don’ts.
- Check-writing and reconciling accounts.
- Tips for creating treasurer reports and annual financial statements.
Who Should Attend:
- Young People who are serving as a 4-H Treasurer
- Young people who want to be a 4-H Treasurer in the future
- 4-H Volunteers working with youth that are 4-H Treasurers.
Registration can be done online or by calling the Kalamazoo County MSU Extension Office at 269-383-8830. Deadline to register for Treasuer Training is Jan. 5, 2018.
This training is provided with generous funding from Chemical Bank to the Michigan 4-H Foundation, Inc. Light snacks will be provided.