Introduction to MSU Extension Smart Gardening: Webinar Series
Date: February 17, 2016 - April 1, 2016
Contact: Marybeth Denton at 989-539-7805 or Denton.Marybeth@anr.msu.edu
What is Smart Gardening?
Gardeners aim to grow good produce or nurture lovely lawns and landscaping. “Smart gardeners” obtain those goals with earth-friendly techniques that can save money and time. Smart Gardening advice and resources are based on science performed at Michigan State University or other land grant universities.
Do you want to bring the MSU Extension Smart Gardening Initiative to your community?
Active Extension Master Gardener (EMG) volunteers who want to bring MSU Extension’s Smart Gardening Initiative to their community should register for this webinar series to become an approved Extension Master Gardener Smart Gardening Volunteer (EMG SGV)!
How do I become a Smart Gardener (EMG SGV)?
- View each of the five (5) webinars
- Read ALL of the Smart Gardening tip sheets
- Complete the required quizzes
- Complete and sign the training checklist
- Return the completed checklist and quizzes to the site host
Learn At Your Own Pace
− Each one-hour webinar is part of the ongoing Introduction to Smart Gardening: Webinar Series offered by Michigan State University Extension to active Extension Master Gardener (EMG) volunteers.
– Questions and discussion will take place throughout each of the pre-recorded webinars.
– Supporting written materials will be available by postal mail or for download before and after the webinar.
– Participants will receive the webinar URLs after their registration and payment is received.
– Some counties offer an on-site option for those participants without high-speed internet access. *Check with your local county coordinator.
What are Extension Master Gardener Smart Gardening Volunteer (EMG SGV) Benefits?
- Extension Master Gardener (EMG) volunteers who complete the course will receive six hours of education credit.
- Become a designated Extension Master Gardener Smart Gardening Volunteer (EMG SGV).
- Gain approval to volunteer at a Smart Gardening booth or community outreach events in your area and be able to report those volunteer hours under the EMG SGV project area in the VMS record keeping system.
- Receive a signed Smart Gardening Certificate of Completion.
- Receive a commemorative nickel-plated Smart Gardening pin to proudly wear while volunteering!
- Be assigned a Smart Gardening Site Host for assistance in reporting and acquiring additional materials.
*This webinar series is an introductory course for Extension Master Gardener (EMG) volunteers who have NOT previously been trained as an EMG SGV.
The registration fee is $30.00 per participant.
Course Completion Deadlines:
Review ALL of the recorded webinars and YouTube videos by April 1, 2016.
Return the completed quizzes and a signed training checklist by April 8, 2016.
Cancellation: Cancellations received on or after March 14, 2016 will not be refunded.