Introduction to Lakes Online
Date: January 23, 2018 - March 9, 2018
Time: See description.
Contact: Bindu Bhakta, firstname.lastname@example.org
Explore the many dimensions of inland lakes including riparian rights, shorelines, ecology, aquatic plants, and citizen involvement and much more through the online program Introduction to Lakes. There are no prerequisites - just a passion for Michigan’s 11,000 inland lakes!
Topics covered include:
- Lake ecology
- Lakes and their watersheds
- Lakes and their shorelines
- Michigan water law
- Aquatic plant management
- Citizen involvement in lake management.
Students have week-by-week, 24/7 access to six online units complete with captioned video lectures, web-based activities, discussion forums, three biweekly live webinars, and quizzes.
To learn more about the course and to register visit the Introduction to Lakes web page.
2018 Course Information
Course dates: January 23rd- March 9, 2018. Ask-an-Expert webinars are scheduled every other Wednesday from Noon-1:00pm (eastern) on February 7th, 21st and March 7th.
- $115/person if you register between December 23 - January 16
- $95/person if you register between September 19 - December 22
Enrollment ends January 16, 2018. Registration fees are refundable, less a $25 cancellation fee, until January 16. After this date refunds are no longer available.
This course has been approved for:
- 14 Michigan Department of Education State Continuing Education Clock Hours.
- 14 Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development Pesticide Applicator Seminar Credits
- 6 Michigan Citizen Planner Education Credits