Interviewing Potential Volunteers
Date: March 2, 2016
Time: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Location: MSU Federal Credit Union, 4825 E Mt. Hope Road, East Lansing, MI 48823
Contact: Jennifer Weichel at email@example.com or 517-432-7606 or Lisa Bottomley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 517-432-7622
Do you screen potential adult and youth volunteers? If so, this is the workshop for you! The interview process is a crucial part of screening volunteers and during this workshop you’ll have the opportunity to participate in a great, hands-on workshop focused on fine-tuning your skills for interviewing volunteers. This workshop will provide participants the opportunity to learn how to:
- Conduct effective volunteer interviews
- Identify “red flags”
- Discuss common interview challenges
- Ask appropriate interview questions
- Get to know your volunteer
- Discover what expectations the volunteer has for their experience
Date: March 2, 2016, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- MSU Extension Staff / AmeriCorps Members - $45
- Non MSU Extension Staff / AmeriCorps Members - $55