Health Champions - Protecting and Improving Your On-Farm Investment - CANCELLED
Date: December 18, 2017
Time: 6 - 9 p.m.
Location: Delta County MSUE office, 2840 College Ave
Contact: Jim Isleib at email@example.com , 906-387-2530 , 906-250-9609.
This event has been cancelled.
MSU Extension and the Michigan Pork Producers Association have partnered to bring an educational opportunity to pork producers in northern Michigan and the Upper Peninsula. These sessions are focused on providing information to improve daily management of swine herds and trouble-shooting issues that swine producers may have. Geared to accommodate all sizes of pork operations, the information presented will benefit those involved in the swine industry.
These educational sessions will be offered in two locations in northern Michigan:
December 18 - Escanaba - from 6-9 p.m. (Delta County MSUE office, 2840 College Ave)
December 19 - St. Ignace - from Noon - 3 p.m. (St. Ignace Public Library, 110 W. Spruce St)
Participants will hear from industry experts on various topics:
- Alternative Feedstuffs: Feeding small grains, oats, barley and wheat in pig diets.
- Health Champions: How to manage PRRS, PEDv and influenza in your swine herd & vaccination recommendations.
- Breeding without a Boar: Semen management, heat checking without a boar & information on fixed-time insemination.
- Assisting the Farrowing Sow and Newborn Piglet Care: Managing difficult farrowings and day-one piglet care.
- Local Slaughter Opinions: Custom slaughter options and how you can market your product.
- Management Options for Parasitic Control: Best practices for managing parasites in your swine herd.
There will be a question & answer session with industry experts.
This event is free of charge and lunch or dinner and door prizes will be provided.