Health Champions - Protecting and Improving Your On-Farm Investment
Date: October 11, 2016 - October 19, 2016
Time: 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Location: October 11th - Lawrence, MI - Van Buren ISD and Tech Center
Contact: Beth Ferry at 269-876-2745 or Emily Schmitt at 517-853-3782
Each workshop will be held at four locations across the state. See locations below.
Time: 6 - 9 p.m.
Cost: No cost for attending
- Assisting the farrowing Sow - Tips, Tools and Tricks
- Changes to medicated feed regulations - Veterinary Feed Directive - Changes are here!
- Improving your herd health - Vaccination plans and deworming programs, what should you do on your farm?
- Proper nutrition for the newly-weaned pig - Getting the young piglet started early and properly
- Semen Management - Handling, viability and which extender to use
- Should this pig be treated? When to treat, euthanize and leave alone!
- Mortality management - What is BODA and how does it apply to me!
Refreshments and snacks will be provided.
Lawrence, MI - Oct. 11, 2016
Van Buren ISD and Tech Center
250 South Paw Paw Street
Lawrence, MI 49064
Mt. Pleasant, MI - Oct. 12, 2016
Isabella County MSU Extension Office
200 N. Main Street
Mt. Pleasant, MI 48858
Jackson, MI - Oct. 18, 2016
Jackson County MSU Extension Office
1715 Lansing Ave. #257
Jackson, MI 49202
Hart, MI - Oct. 19, 2016
407 State Street
Hart, MI 49420
Please RSVP in order to have proper materials and refreshments for the attendees.