Growing Bee Friendly Plants Workshop
Date: February 12, 2015
Time: 1 - 3 p.m.
Location: Tollgate Conference Center, 28115 Meadowbrook Road, Novi, MI
Contact: Kristin Getter, firstname.lastname@example.org, 517-355-5191 ext. 1341
Are you concerned about all of the media hype around pollinator health or buyer restrictions on growing plants without neonicotinoids? Do you want to ensure that the plants you produce will be bee-friendly? Dr. Dave Smitley will share his research results from recent studies on the effects of neonicotinoid insecticides on bumblebees and share best management practices in order to grow bee-friendly plants.
Topics to be covered include:
- Overview of neonicotinoid and bee issue
- Biorational products
- Alternatives to neonicotinoids
- Biological control as an alternative pest management practice
- Bee-friendly insecticides
- Safe use of systemic drenches
- New products available
- Best management practices for producing bee-friendly plants
But it does require an RSVP by February 9, 2015 to Kristin Getter at 517-355-5191 x1341 or email@example.com
*If fewer than 10 attendees are registered by February 9, 2015, this workshop will be canceled.