FSPCA Preventive Controls for Human Food Course
Date: August 29, 2016 - August 31, 2016
Time: See description.
Location: Michigan State University, Specific Location To Be Determined, East Lansing, MI 48824
Contact: ANR Event Services, 517-353-3175, email@example.com
The Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) requires every processing facility falling under the regulation to have at least one “Preventive Controls Qualified Individual” to help develop and implement the required Food Safety Plan. The Food Safety and Preventive Controls Alliance (FSPCA) has developed this 3-day course which is recognized by FDA. Individuals completing the course will have covered the material needed to meet the requirements. The course will be taught by the MSU HACCP team and supervised by instructors that have completed the FSPCA Lead instructor training.
Concepts covered in the course include:
- The basics of the Food Safety Plan using preventive controls
- Good Manufacturing Practices and Other Prerequisite Programs
- Biological, Chemical, Physical & Economically Motivated Food Safety Hazards
- Hazard Analysis Determination
- Process, Allergen, Sanitation, and Supply-chain Preventive Controls
- Verification and Validation Procedures
- Record-keeping Procedures
- Recall plan
- Resources for Preparing Food Safety Plans
Space is limited to 25 participants so register now!
Cancellations made prior to June 13 will incur a $300 cancellation fee. Cancellation received after June 13 will not be refunded for the June Class.
Cancellations made prior Aug. 15 will incur a $300 cancellation fee. Cancellation received after Aug. 15 will not be refunded for the August class.