Form Based Zoning and Placemaking Workshop
Date: December 13, 2012
Time: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Location: Traverse City Area Chamber of Commerce, 202 E. Grandview Parkway, Traverse City, Michigan 49684
Contact: Michael Woods, Northwest Michigan Council of Governments; 231-929-5056; firstname.lastname@example.org
Form Based Zoning and Placemaking Workshop will be held Dec. 13, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Traverse City Area Chamber of Commerce building.
This program is presented by the Northwest Michigan Council of Governments, in partnership with Michigan State University Extension.
Attendees will learn about:
- The economics of place, including using assets and visioning strategies to restore prosperity in Michigan
- Urban Form and the role of character elements and importance of connectivity in neighborhoods
- Preparing a Zoning Ordinance using Form and Place-based strategies Registrants will receive Master Citizen Planner (MCP) credits for participating in this workshop
The presenters are:
- Glenn Pape, Regional Land Policy Educator, Michigan State University Extension
- Kurt H. Schindler, AICP, Land Use Educator, Michigan State University Extension
Both presenters are certified with the National Form Based Code Institute. Pre-registration is required. $55 by December 7, 2012 (Early Bird Rate) $70 after December 7, 2012.
Step 1: Register online; you may elect to mail in payment or pay at the door.
Step 2: After you have registered, you can pay online by credit card.
For more information visit the event page on the Northwest Michigan Council of Governments website.