Farmland Rent and Rental Meeting for Landlords & Farmers
Date: February 16, 2016
Time: 2 - 4:30 p.m.
Location: MSU Extension Office, 362 Green St., Caro 48723
Contact: Dennis Stein, at 989-672-3870 or firstname.lastname@example.org
This will be a quick review of some of the issues and options that farmland owners and tenants/renters consider when setting a reasonable farmland rental rate. We will try to consider both sides of the farmland rental agreement issues and provide an overview of information that may be helpful in the development of a win-win farmland rental agreement. District Farm Business Management Educator, Dennis Stein, will be the lead presenter for this program.
Agenda topics to be covered:
- Current land and rental values along with how they are trending
- Approach to farmland rental rates considering the Breakevens
- Considerations and using alternative farmland rental agreements (Pro-Con)
- How some farms use Flex Rental agreements to share in profits
- What needs to be in a farmland rental agreement
- How some approach the cost of field drainage tile in a rental agreement
Please be sure to register below to receive a handout information package.
Date, Time and Location Options:
Tuesday, Feb. 16, 2016, 2 - 4:30 p.m., MSU Extension Office, 362 Green St., Caro 48723
Thursday, Feb. 18, 2016, 1:30 - 4 p.m., Arenac County Courthouse, 120 Grove St., Standish 48658