Exploring Cultural Connections for Community Resiliency
Date: November 4, 2014
Time: 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Location: Kellogg Center, 55 S. Harrison Ave., East Lansing, MI 48824
Contact: Bonnie Wichtner Zoia at 989-724-6478, firstname.lastname@example.org or Brad Neumann at 906-475-5731, email@example.com
Exploring Cultural Connections for Community Resiliency will offer you the opportunity to learn from others and share your expertise on a variety of topics including indigenous knowledge, entrepreneurship, community food systems, community development, tourism, placemaking, natural resource development and conservation.
Bring your community partners to exchange resources, knowledge and practice with professionals from across the nation – in and outside of your field of expertise. Integrate information and experience for positive impact in your community. Join MSU faculty, Extension staff, and community-level partners in a unique one-day inter-state Community Innovators’ Exchange with three community innovators from northern New Mexico.
The one-day event will be held on Tuesday, Nov. 4, 2014, in the Michigamme Room at the Kellogg Center on the MSU campus located at 55 S. Harrison Ave. in East Lansing, MI 48824.
The cost of the event is $45 for current CNRDA members. Other MSU staff and community partners register for $65. Registration includes lunch and refreshments.
SPACE IS LIMITED!
9 a.m. - Registration opens
10 a.m. - Welcome/Overview
10:30 a.m. - Concurrent Sessions:
- Community Life Systems: Food and Water
- Local food systems, water, and community development
- Conversation Leaders: Featuring Tawnya Laveta, Farm to Table Santa Fe
- Work of Our Hands
- Cultivating innovation and the entrepreneurial spirit in communities; Fostering entrepreneurs for a tourist economy; Placemaking; Government relations, Leadership
- Conversation Leaders: Featuring Jason Pfeiffer, Taos Entrepreneurs Network
- Relationship to Community and Tradition
- Indigenous knowledge & community; Multicultural connections for sustainability; Land and water rights and use
- Conversation Leaders: Featuring Cara Romero, Bioneers
1 p.m. - Concurrent Sessions - Repeat of Morning Sessions
3 p.m. - Plenary Session - Reflections, Connections, and Idea Integration
4:30 p.m. - Adjourn
Registrations cancelled on or after Oct. 28, 2014, will incur a $15 cancellation fee.