Ecoacoustics Congress 2016
Date: June 6, 2016 - June 8, 2016
Location: Kellogg Hotel and Conference Center, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan
Contact: Megghan Honke Seidel at 517-884-7089 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For content questions please contact Stuart Gage at email@example.com
Kellogg Hotel and Conference Center, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan
June 6-8, 2016
What is Ecoacoustics?
Ecoacoustics is an interdisciplinary science that investigates natural and anthropogenic sounds and their relationship with the environment over a wide range of study scales, both spatial and temporal, including populations and communities. Ecoacoustics operates in all types of terrestrial and aquatic (freshwater and marine) ecosystems extending the scope of acoustics and bioacoustics.
Ecoacoustics recognizes that sounds can be both the subject and tools of ecological research. As the subject, sounds are investigated in order to understand their evolution, functions and properties under environmental pressures. As tools, sounds are used to study and monitor animal diversity, abundance, behaviour, dynamics and distribution, and their relationship with ecosystems and the environment.
Who are the local organizers of the Ecoacoustics Congress 2016
The Organizing Committee for Ecoacoustics Congress 2016 are:
Stuart Gage (firstname.lastname@example.org)(Michigan State University); Anne Axel (email@example.com)(Marshall University); Jiaguo Qi (firstname.lastname@example.org) (Michigan State University). Please don’t hesitate to email us if you have questions.
Regular (Starting May 9) $200
After May 30 $215
Regular (Starting May 9) $110
After May 30 $125
Transportation to the Congress:
- From Detroit Airport: Michigan Flyer Bus (comfort and wireless): (http://www.michiganflyer.com/)
- From Lansing Airport: Local transportation
- For more information go to: https://kelloggcenter.com/map/map-michigan-state-university-east-lansing-map-kellogg-hotel
The Ecoacoustics Congress Program Outline:
- Reception: 5 June 5-7 pm TBD (Meet and greet your colleagues)
- Presentations: Kellogg Center Auditorium
- Banquet: 7 June (Kellogg Center Big 10 Room) Keynote Speaker (TBA)
- Field Trip 1:Ted Black Woods (Old growth deciduous forest)
- Field Trip 2:Harris Nature Center (Red Cedar River)
A more complete draft outline of the program can be found at the program/agenda link below.
To book a hotel online at the Kellogg Hotel and Conference
- Group code: IAE060616
- Click on check availability (bottom left)
- Enter arrival, departure, rooms & number of adults & children
- Select Click here for availability and enter IAE060616
- Hotel rooms are $115 a night
You may also book by phone at 1-800-875-5090 and refer to IAE060616
Some additional rooms were held at the Holiday Inn Express in Okemos for special rate of $99. Please call 517-349-8700 to book your room. Please reference “Ecoacoustisc Congress”