Eating Right is Basic
Date: April 16, 2014 - May 22, 2014
Time: 11 a.m. - 12 noon
Location: Mid Michigan Community Mental Health, 218 Fast Ice Drive
Contact: Julia Terhune, 989-832-6713
This specific class is full at this time but if you would like to schedule a class see the information below.
Eat Healthy, Be Active is a nutrition program where participants learn the skills needed to make healthy eating and regular physical activity a part of their lifestyle. This program consists of six lessons, lasting approximately one hour. Eat Healthy, Be Active promotes health and can help to reduce the risk of obesity and chronic disease.
• Enjoying healthy food that taste great
• Quick, healthy meals and snacks
• Eating healthy on a budget
• Tips for losing weight and keeping it off
• Making healthy eating part of your lifestyle
• Physical activity: Key to living well Participants receive stretch bands for physical activity and a certificate of completion.
Class series are taught throughout the community, including but not limited to community centers, churches, schools and local MSU Extension offices. Group series are available if there are 6-45 people, and at least half of the group is Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) eligible. If you are interested in scheduling or participating in an Eat Healthy, Be Active program please contact Julia Terhune 989-832-6713.