Diabetes Personal Action Toward Health
Date: January 7, 2016 - February 11, 2016
Time: 9 - 11:30 a.m.
Location: Solon Center Wesleyan Church, 15671 Algoma Ave., Cedar Springs, Michigan 49319
Contact: Christi Demitz, 616-632-7881, firstname.lastname@example.org
Six week course runs on Thursday mornings from January 7 to February 11, 2016, from 9-11:30 a.m. at:
Solon Center Wesleyan Church
15671 Algoma Ave.
Cedar Springs, Michigan 49319
The Diabetes - PATH (Personal Action Towards Health) workshop is a six-week workshop designed to provide the skills and tools needed by people living with Type 2 diabetes to improve their health and manage their symptoms. As a result, participants are better equipped to face the daily challenge of living with diabetes. Two trained leaders conduct the workshop (one or both also live with Diabetes).
Topics will include:
- How to deal with the symptoms of diabetes, fatigue, pain, hyper/hypoglycemia, stress, and emotional problems such as depression, anger, fear and frustration.
- Learn about exercise for maintaining and improving strength and endurance
- Healthy eating, meal planning, label reading
- Appropriate use of medication
- Working more effectively with health care providers
- Participants will make weekly action plans, share experiences, and help each other solve problems they encounter in creating and carrying out their self-management program.