Diabetes PATH Workshop Series
Date: October 4, 2015 - November 16, 2015
Time: 1 - 3 p.m.
Location: Petoskey Friendship Center
Contact: Sarah Eichberger 231-922-4836 or Darcia Brewer 1-800-442-1713
Diabetes PATH (Personal Action Towards Health) is a six-week diabetes self-management program that will teach you practical skill for living a healthy life. This workshop is open to anyone with diabetes and/or those who want to learn more about living with diabetes and diabetes prevention. Family member, friends, and caregivers are also encouraged to attend the workshop. Participants meet once a week for 2 ½ hours each week. MSU Extension & the Area Agency on Aging of Northwest Michigan are partnering to offer this Diabetes PATH series. Throughout the six weeks, participants will learn:
- Ways to deal with frustration, fatigue and pain
- How to develop a healthy eating and exercise plan
- Goal setting and problem solving
- How to manage medications
- How to plan visits with your health care provider
- Ways to talk with family and friends about diabetes
- How using power of mind can help manage symptoms
Each 2 ½ hour session will be held at the Friendship Community Center in Petoskey on the following Mondays: 10/5, 12, 19, 26 and 11/9 and 16. There is no cost to attend. Option donation of $15 is appreciated. Pre-registration is required.