Diabetes Path Self Management Program
Date: November 12, 2013 - December 17, 2013
Time: 9 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Location: Pinecrest Medical Care Facility, Lower Level Conference Room, N-15995 Main St., Powers, MI 49874
Contact: Julie Moberg: 906-786-3032 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Six week course runs on Tuesday mornings from Nov. 12 to Dec. 17.
The Diabetes - PATH (Personal Action Towards Health) workshop is a six-week workshop designed to provide the skills and tools needed by people living with Type 2 diabetes to improve their health and manage their symptoms. As a result, participants are better equipped to face the daily challenge of living with diabetes. Two trained leaders conduct the workshop (one or both also live with Diabetes).
Topics will include:
- How to deal with the symptoms of diabetes, fatigue, pain, hyper/hypoglycemia, stress, and emotional problems such as depression, anger, fear and frustration
- Learn about exercise for maintaining and improving strength and endurance
- Healthy eating, meal planning, label reading
- Appropriate use of medication
- Working more effectively with health care providers
Participants will make weekly action plans, share experiences, and help each other solve problems they encounter in creating and carrying out their self-management program.
Visit the Diabetes Path Self Management Program registration page for more information.