9-23-13 MSU Extension of Delta County 2840 College Avenue Escanaba, MI 49829
6:00 pm to 8:30 pm
The Diabetes - PATH (Personal Action Towards Health)workshop is a six-week workshop designed to provide the skills and tools needed by people living with Type 2 diabetes to improve their health and manage their symptoms. As a result, participants are better equipped to face the daily challenge of living with diabetes. Two trained leaders conduct the workshop (one or both also live with Diabetes).
Topics will include:
1) How to deal with the symptoms of diabetes, fatigue, pain, hyper/hypoglycemia, stress, and emotional problems such as depression, anger, fear and frustration
2) Learn about exercise for maintaining and improving strength and endurance
3) Healthy eating, meal planning, label reading
4) Appropriate use of medication
5) Working more effectively with health care providers.
6) Participants will make weekly action plans, share experiences, and help each other solve problems they encounter in creating and carrying out their self-management program.