Current Issues Affecting Michigan Local Governments: Gerrymandering in Michigan
Date: September 25, 2018
Time: 2 p.m.
Contact: Eric Walcott, email@example.com, 517-353-9106
This program is an online webinar. The webinar link will be sent out following registration.
- Jordon Newton, Citizens Research Council of Michigan
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Elected and appointed officials at all levels of local government, as well as interested local government staff and residents.
Join us to hear a presentation from Jordon Newton on the Citizens Research Council on the state of gerrymandering in Michigan. With a proposed constitutional amendment on the ballot in November that would change the way Michigan does redistricting, this webinar will provide a chance to look at the current redistricting system and what it has led to.
Potential Future Topics
- Assessing and Addressing Local Service Needs
- Road and Transportation Funding
- Public Engagement on “Wicked” Issues
- Strategic Planning in Local Government
- Fiscal Sustainability
- Engaging the Public in the Budget Process