Cultivate Michigan Carrot/Potato Tour
Date: October 14, 2016
Time: 9:30 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.
Location: Muskegon ISD Facility, 630 Harvey St., Muskegon, MI 49442
Contact: Garrett Ziegler, firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
This tour is an exciting opportunity to visit two farms producing two of the 2016 Cultivate Michigan Featured Foods. Each farm tour will also include a stop in the fields to see product being harvested and a look inside the farm’s packing facilities, so you can learn firsthand how Michigan produce makes it from field to your institution. This tour is open to anyone looking to learn more about farm to institution and specifically to network with Michigan farmers and other Farm to Institution supply chain partners. Additionally, the bus ride portion of the tour will feature presentations from MSU Extension Educators working on Farm to Institution programs and with vegetable production in west Michigan. See tour itinerary below (details subject to change):
- 9:30 a.m.: Meet at Muskegon Career Tech Center to load bus (200 Harvey St, Muskegon, MI 49442)
- 10 a.m.: Depart for Hart, MI and Malburg Farms (1107 W Jackson Rd, Hart, MI 49420)
- 10:45 a.m.: Tour Malburg Farms
- 11:45 a.m.: Depart for Grant
- 12:45 p.m.: Lunch in Grant (Provided)
- 1:30 p.m.: Tour Cedar Valley Packing and Bouwkamp Farms (11800 Gordon Ave, Grant, MI 49327)
- 2:30 p.m.: Depart Grant and Return to Muskegon
- 3:15 p.m.: Tour Ends at Muskegon ISD
Transportation will be provided by Michigan State University Charter Service and will be a 36 passenger bio-diesel bus with wifi.