Creative 360-Artshop Cooking Matters for Adults
Date: April 22, 2015 - May 28, 2015
Time: 12:30-2:30 p.m.
Location: Creative 360, 1517 Bayliss St, Midland, MI 48640
Contact: Melissa Coosard, 989-832-6713, firstname.lastname@example.org
The program consists of six lessons, lasting approximately two hours each. With the help of an experienced chef and nutrition educator, participants will gain the skills and confidence to make healthy, wallet-friendly meals for their family. Each week, participants will receive take-home groceries, which they can use at home to practice a recipe they learned in class. The class series also includes:
- Participatory food preparation that provides cooking and food safety instruction
- Engaging nutrition activities and discussions
- Practice with food budgeting
- Interactive grocery store visit and $10 challenge (if applicable, or mock tour will be provided)
- Recipe book for use at home
- Certificate of completion
Class series are taught throughout the community, including but not limited to community centers, churches, schools and local MSU Extension offices. Group series are available if there are 6 to 15 people, and at least half of the group is Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP, formally known as Food Stamps) eligible. If you are interested in scheduling or participating in a Cooking Matters for Adults program, please contact Melissa Coosard at 989-832-6713.