Cooking Matters for Parents
Date: July 15, 2016 - August 26, 2016
Time: 2 - 4 p.m.
Location: Howard Estates, 1928 Howard Ave., Flint, MI 48503
Contact: Lynette Kaiser, 810-244-8516
Cooking Matters for Parents is a free six-week hands on cooking and nutrition class for parents.
Taught by a Nutrition Instructor.
Free take-home groceries to make class recipes at home.
- Setting a Healthy Example (Encouraging parents to create a healthy home food environment for their families)
- Choosing Fruits, Vegetables and Whole Grains (Encouraging parents to incorporate more fruits, vegetables and whole grains into their families’ meals)
- Healthy Starts at Home (Encouraging parents to prepare more meals and snacks at home)
- The Power of Planning (Encouraging parents to plan healthy, low-cost meals to make the most of their food dollars)
- Shopping Smart (Encouraging parents to make smart food choices when food shopping, grocery store tour)
- Recipe for Success (Celebration of parents’ accomplishments and progress in creating a healthy food environment for their families within their food budget)
Group series are available if there are six to 15 people, and at least half of the group is Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) eligible. If you are interested in scheduling or participating in a Cooking Matters for Parents program please contact Lynette Kaiser MSU Extension Nutrition Program Instructor of Genesee County, 810-244-8516, Hughe167@msu.edu. Please inquire to schedule a class near you.