Cooking Matters for Parents
Date: March 20, 2015 - May 1, 2015
Time: 1-3 p.m.
Location: West Campus Community Center, 1414 Family Drive, Big Rapids, MI 49307
Contact: Effie Jack, 231-592-0792, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cooking Matters for Parents is a free six-week hands on cooking and nutrition class for parents.
Taught by a Chef and Nutrition Instructor.
Free take-home groceries to make class recipes at home.
- Setting a Healthy Example (Encouraging parents to create a healthy home food environment for their families)
- Choosing Fruits, Vegetables and Whole Grains (Encouraging parents to incorporate more fruits, vegetables and whole grains into their families’ meals)
- Healthy Starts at Home (Encouraging parents to prepare more meals and snacks at home)
- The Power of Planning (Encouraging parents to plan healthy, low-cost meals to make the most of their food dollars)
- Shopping Smart (Encouraging parents to make smart food choices when food shopping, grocery store tour)
- Recipe for Success (Celebration of parents’ accomplishments and progress in creating a healthy food environment for their families within their food budget)