Cooking Matters for Parents
Date: May 3, 2015 - June 8, 2015
Time: 5:30 - 7:30 p.m.
Location: Living Word Ministry, 2001 W. Carpenter Rd., Flint, MI
Contact: Lynette Kaiser, 810-244-8516, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cooking Matters for Adults is a nutrition program where participants will learn how to eat healthy, cook and grocery shop on a limited budget. The program consists of six lessons, approximately two hours each. With the help of an experienced chef and nutrition educator, participants will gain the skills and confidence to make healthy, budget friendly meals for their family. Each week, participants will receive take-home food, which they can use at home to practice a recipe they learned in class.
The class series also includes:
- Participatory food preparation that provides cooking and food safety instruciton
- Engaging nutrition activities and discussions
- Practice with food budgeting
- Interactive grocery store visit and $10 challenge
- Recipe book for use at home
- Certificate of completion