Cooking Matters for Adults - Ionia
Date: May 12, 2016 - June 12, 2016
Time: 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Location: Ionia County MSU Extension 50 E. Sprague Rd. Ionia, MI 48846
Contact: Ben Smith, email@example.com, 616-527-5357.
Participants will learn how to eat healthy, cook and grocery shop on a limited budget. The program consists of six lessons, lasting approximately two hours each. With the help of a registered dietitian nutritionist, participants will gain the skills and confidence to make healthy, budget friendly meals for their family.
Each week, participants will receive take-home food, which they can use at home to practice a recipe they learned in class. The class series also includes:
- Participatory food preparation that provides cooking and food safety instruction
- Engaging nutrition activities and discussions
- Practice with food budgeting
- Interactive grocery store visit and $10 challenge
- Recipe book for use at home
- Certificate of completion
WHEN: May 12 - June 16 Thursdays, 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
WHERE: Ionia County MSU Extension Office 50 E. Sprague Rd, Ionia, MI 48846