Cooking Matters for Adults
Date: October 7, 2015 - November 18, 2015
Time: 6-8 p.m.
Location: Mecosta County Services Building, 14485 Northland Drive, Big Rapids, MI 49307
Contact: Effie Jack, 231-592-0792
The program consists of six lessons, lasting approximately two hours each. With the help of an experienced chef and nutrition educator, participants will gain the skills and confidence to make healthy, budget friendly meals for their family.
Each week, participants will receive take-home food, which they can use at home to practice a recipe they learned in class. The class series also includes:
- Participatory food preparation that provides cooking and food safety instruction
- Engaging nutrition activities and discussions
- Practice with food budgeting
- Interactive grocery store visit and $10 challenge
- Recipe book for use at home
- Certificate of completion